Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Holy Crap, look who's back...

Well it's been a loooong time. Still playing and playing a lot better. I pretty much gave up on the blog and have been going through the motions in golf, but this is a brand new year. I've had a little bit of success and I'm back full steam. I've opened up a Twitter account (@PaperHogan) and you can follow me via the link on the right hand side of the blog as well. Along with continuing to post detailed results of my competitive rounds and overall progress, I'll also be live tweeting rounds as they occur (not every shot of course). If nothing else, maybe I'll be able to read back on the posts and see just exactly what my tendencies are as I play.

My next 2 posts will cover my latest mini tour round on the Championship Players Tour (www.championshipplayerstour.com) where I tied for 6th and my pre-qualifier attempt for the Waste Management Phoenix Open, both held at LoneTree. Notice how I didn't talk about where I placed in the pre-qual? I wasn't last by a long shot, but I also didn't make it to the Monday qualifier by a long shot. My next mini tour event is tentatively the 24th of this month and I just picked up a new putter, so we'll have some time to get it worked into the bag. Which brings me to an equipment update:


  • Driver - Titleist 913 D3 8.5 degree (set to 9.25), Aldila RIP Alpha X 
  • 3 Wood - Taylor Made RBZ 15 degree, Aldila RIP Alpha X 
  • 2 Hybrid - Taylor Made R11 17 degree, Aldila RIP Alpha S 
  • 3-PW - Ping I20, Dynamic Gold X100 
  • Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4, 54 and 60 degree, DG Wedge 
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 


I'm waiting for the USGA to post qualifying site information for this years US Open as well. Going to be a fun year, let's go get some...

No comments: