Thursday, March 27, 2008

Company Founder passed away today

Today, the founder of the company I work for Kurt X (name removed to keep business seperated from personal), passed away after a long bout with cancer. I'd known Kurt for about 6 years, played golf with him several times before going to work for him at my company. Approximately 30 seconds after the notification went out to the company about him, the office went completely silent, it was eerie, all the background noise just stopped. It's just complete bullshit that the good guys get dealt bad hands.

Here's the text from the email that went out from our CEO today:

Good afternoon everyone,

It is with extreme sadness that I write this email.

Kurt X, our good friend, company founder, and all around phenomenal person passed away about an hour ago at his home in Phoenix. As most of you have known for some time, Kurt fought a courageous one and a half year battle with brain cancer. He was 49 years old. His mother, father, daughters, and brother were at his side when he passed. I’m confident he was at peace to have those he loved with him as he entered into Heaven. Like all of you, I am really going to miss Kurt. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts today.

Services to say goodbye to Kurt are being formulated and I will pass on the information when available.

Respectfully,

Gene


Godspeed my friend, you will be missed.

No comments: