Thursday, April 3, 2008

Phoenix City Amateur - Round 3 coming up

They just posted the 36 hole results from the Phoenix City Amateur and I'm actually only 6 shots back, leader is at 143, I'm at 149. Wow, that's pretty encouraging considering how badly I played in round 2. I have a putting and checkup lesson with Jeff tomorrow and then I'm off at 7:54 at Cave Creek on Saturday. I was pretty disappointed at where I thought I would be, but I'm a full 4 shots ahead of where I expected to be in the best case scenario.

I put a new grip on my putter last night (Scotty Cameron Baby T) as it was the grip on a putter a friend of mine lent to me to try this week, and I fell in love with it. I'm sad to let the Oklahoma Sooners grip go, but it's all in the name of progress. Wish me luck and I'll post results of round 3 on Saturday!

No comments: