Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh to hit a driver again...

So I've now played 5 1/2 rounds without hitting a single good tee shot with my driver. I absolutely can't shake it, I've hit some great shots with my irons and 3 wood, but I just can't pound anything with a driver. The last round I played just killed my back, which definitely indicates something is amiss. My instructor Jeff Ritter has been down with pneumonia (get better dude, I need some HELP!) so I haven't been able to see him to work anything out.

I scheduled a lesson for Wednesday morning at 8AM to work on this and get to the bottom of my issue here. When I told my boss that I have an emergency appointment at 8AM on Wednesday and that I'd be late to work, he was really concerned. "Is everything alright?" he asked. "NO" I said, "things are terribly wrong, bad stuff is happening here". He really got a concerned look on his face and asked if there was anything he could do to help. After breaking it to him that the tragedy was my lack of any assemblence of a golf swing with my driver, he grew less concerned about my plight. Ah perspective...

Wish me luck!

No comments: