Friday, August 10, 2007

Entered the Chandler City Championship

I signed up for the Chandler City Championship at a local course called Bear Creek. It's being held 8/18 and 8/19. I nearly signed up for the Gilbert City Championship held last weekend, but knowing the changes I was going through, I didn't want to ingrain more bad habits in a tournament. Winning score at Gilbert was 137 (68, 69, par 71). Bear Creek is a longer and more difficult course, so I'm thinking 3 or 4 under wins this.

I feel like I'm so close to getting into position that if I can work this out over the weekend, I'll have a chance at a good showing. Notice I didn't say win. Why didn't I say win? Too scared about my swing changes? Yes. Too scared of looking like a fool in this blog? Yes. Do I feel like I can win? Yes. The last round I had out there was a 73 with that old ridiculous swing of mine, and I actually didn't hit my driver very well. If I was confident that my club was on line at the top and I could start putting some juice on my downswing, I'd put money on myself. Well what the hell, in my first of many potentially foolish hopes and dreams, I'll put it out there.

I'm headed to Bear Creek to win. Nothing less.

No comments: