Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A little dose of humble pie

My uncle Tom is a PGA Professional in Florida, and has been teaching for more years than I've been playing. I've had several discussions with him over the years regarding my desires to play professionally, and because he has a brutally honest streak in him, I seek out his advice often on such matters. I've had several discussions with him regarding this pursuit up to this point, and he's been extremely helpful and honest in his feedback.

I told him about this blog in an email last night and asked him to check it out if he had the chance. I won't bore anyone with the details of all the banter, but here are some of the highlights:

"The swing changes look fantastic - definitely on the right road there. The upside to not playing that much over the last several years is that your bad habits aren't completely grooved and you haven't had much (OK, any) success, so throwing away the old and converting to the new is actually easier to do." - Ummmm, thanks I think? Haha...

"The new and improved move looks like a guy that could possibly go play and compete. The original version looks like a guy that would be the most popular guy on any given tour to play a practice round with - because he can't play dead with that move and would be EASY to win money from in a casual wager!!" - Quote of the year right there folks. I so wish I could argue with him on that point, however I know I can't. I hate when he's right.

I'm sure over the next year, he'll have many more gems that I'll be able to post up here. I only hope they aren't so to the point that they cause me to have a nervous breakdown. No, just kidding. But seriously, I hope. Nah, just joking. Really though...

No comments: